Well. Today is officially iPad 3/HD day. Here are my bets in decreasing likelihood:
- Retina display – it would be a crime if this didn’t happen
- Quad core with A5X chip inside
- 1GB of RAM
- New 128GB model
- Better cameras
- No home button
- Cheaper iPad 2S ‘Small’
As well as the iPad, iTunes will probably be updated along with the Apple TV to support 1080p content, especially because of a Retina Display.
The time of year has once again come that Apple reveal a new iPad and this time round we are set to see the iPad 3. Here’s what we know and what is likely:
- Its going to have a Retina Display – when you compare the above image with an iPad 2 this one clearly has much higher definition
- It’ll be thinner
- It will run iOS5 until iOS6 comes out
- It will be faster, use the A5X chip and possibly be quad-core (if not very fast dual core)
- It might lose the home button – Gizmodo points out that the above image has to be in portrait because of the distance between tiles and the Calendar icon is below the right set of bubbles that should be above the home button
I can see that the iPad (and eventually iPhone and iPod Touch) will work quite well without a home button and app switching (along with reaching the home screen) will probably be achieved be some sort of flicking action. That or there is no physical home button but that the black border can detect touch.