If you go to /sherlock you can view an HTML5 version of the popular classic book The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. This subsection of my site has been specifically designed as an experiment which allows you to read comfortably in browser. The project was relatively simple to do. To start off with I put all the text from the original book into a MySQL database so that it could be fetched easily by PHP. I then produced a PHP page that echoed it all into a div. This div then has custom styling added to it so that the content is display in columns. There is also an outer div which blocks all overflow from being displayed.
Once this is done I added a couple of buttons either side of the div who have a click event (and also arrow key events) to ensure that you can move from page to page. This is just achieved by subtracting from the left value of the inner div, however because that div has CSS3 transitions applied to it, the effect is movement.
The main problem at the moment is that the text is split into 50 columns, however some of these are empty. I am currently developing a way that these might be shown safely.